How to Become Adoptive Parents
Adoption is a precious and selfless gift if you are thinking about adopting a baby through a Utah Adoption
agency. A Act of Love is an adoption agency in Sandy, UT
which was established for the purpose of serving both the birth parents and adoptive parents successfully handle the adoption process. They are one of the most successful and progressive agencies in the United States.
You can begin by getting to know the eligibility requirements for adoption in your state. Simply by educating yourself on the requirements for your state will allow you to know if you are eligible before moving ahead with the application with A Act of Love. Then, those at A Act of Love will help you work out your eligibility for their services. Some of the eligibility requirements include:
- Residence: Applicants must live within the area that the agency serves or in an area where the agency can make sure that the essential services be met throughout the pregnancy.
- Marital Status:
- If you are married, you must be married for at least one year. Your relationship will be evaluated in the home study process and must be deemed stable.
- Single parents will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the child's needs. Exceptions can and will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Housing: You do not need to own a home nor is it required for you to provide the child their own room. Housing and neighborhood situations must provide adequate space and living conditions that are necessary to the health, safety, security, and self-respect of the adoptive child and family though.
- Age: There is no specific age that makes you a "better" applicant. It's your physical and emotional health as well as your stability that make you a "better" applicant than others.
- Health Insurance: Because of regulations that the state of Utah mandates, all prospective parents must provide a letter from their insurance company to verify medical coverage for the child.
- Health and Lifestyle: There is a physical exam that is required to determine if applicants are in good physical and mental health. You cannot suffer from a contagious disease. Again, the most import thing is the ability of the prospective parents to meet the needs of the child.
If you are confused by anything mentioned above or if you have any other questions/concerns please contact A Act of Love for clarification. Your next step is to fill out a packet request form online to get more information or to call at 1-888-767-7740. Upon completion and receipt of the request A Act of Love, Utah Adoption agency
, will send you a free packet with more information regarding the adoption process.